To replace the dispenser actuator in your refrigerator use a small flat-head screwdriver to help pry the dispenser panel and control board out from the bottom. Common causes of water leaks include problems with the drip pan, drain tube or water valve, a plumbing issue or a problem with the fill line that runs from the water valve to the icemaker. I agree..our ge profile is only 16 mths old and water is freezing in dispenser . Amazon's Choice for ge refrigerator water dispenser parts GE WR17X11655 Genuine OEM Dispenser Drip Tray (Black) for GE Refrigerators 4.6 out of 5 stars 608 $9.50 $ 9. If air does not pass through, this indicates that the water supply tube is frozen. I have changed the water filter as well as cleaned the If you need the bypass plug and one was not supplied with the refrigerator or has been misplaced, one can be ordered at no charge by calling 1-800-GECARES. Then, get the parts you need fast. Contact Us; ... My water dispenser is not working, dispenser is not getting water. 50 $11.50 $11.50. shop now. If the water pressure is sufficient, use a multimeter to test the water inlet valve for continuity. Check the water flow and test the pressure to determine if it is at least 20 psi. Where is the water coming from If this is a bottom freezer model with an RPWFE filter: Refrigerator – RPWFE Operation and Troubleshooting Shop Water Filters - Purchase a GE Appliance part online Air may be trapped in the water system after replacing the filter. Filters should be changed every 6 months. GE refrigerator ice dispenser not working? The green lights starting going off and on and now no lights come on and nothing happens if you press any dispenser buttons. 29 $199.99 $199.99 rig … read more Please change the filter. s.prop3 = s.channel + "|Support Search"; The freezer temperature should be kept from 0-10 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure that the water pressure to the valve is at least 20 psi. GE Refrigerator PSS26MSWASS: Low water pressure and flow from the water dispenser on ge profile refrigerator. Explore our easy guide to replacement water filters for your refrigerator. var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code); If there is no water coming from the dispenser, or if it dispenses slowly, check the following things to see if it is something you can fix yourself or if your refrigerator requires service. If you are working on a GE electronic refrigerator made after 2002 and when you attempt to dispense water the refrigerator temporarily shuts down and the lights dim, the main board is bad and needs replacing. Also for: Smartwater gxcc01d. I removed the ice dispenser because the ice bucket took up way too much space. Return any part for 365 days. It is more likely that a single part has failed. The water dispenser on your GE Profile refrigerator has a case of the drips. I am assuming that the motor should turn the auger. If when you attempt to use the refrigerator water dispenser the water valve doesn’t get power (you can’t hear it hum) you have an electrical problem. The water dispenser works fine, but the ice maker quit working yesterday. Try the dispenser, if the water flow improves from the dispenser, the filter is clogged and needs to be replaced. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS ... OWNER’S manual & USING THE REFRIGERATOR From Mold. WR57X0111 - REFRIGERATOR DUAL DOUBLE SOLENOID WATER INLET VALVE FOR FRIGS WITH ICE MAKER AND WATER DISPENSER FOR GE MODELS 4.4 out of 5 stars 37 $29.75 $ 29 . Profile Bottom Mount Ice and Water Refrigerators. No water: Make sure the water line to refrigerator is turned on. On models with a water filter, a clogged or partially clogged filter will result in no water or slow running water from dispenser. If when you attempt to use the refrigerator water dispenser the water valve doesn’t get power (you can’t hear it hum) you have an electrical problem. it is flashing hrs in custom cool window. The valve requires at least 20psi to function properly. // Manipulate variables View and Download GE Profile GXCF35GBS owner's manual online. ice & water dispensers are … If one of the dispenser switches is defective, the dispenser will not work. We had to have our GE profile French door refrigerator and have not been happy with it at all. Schedule a service appointment with. It literally overflows and runs down the front of the door. I’m seeing the same issue start again. This article will help you to diagnose the problem, and might just save you from having to pay a repair person for an easy fix. Below is a list with all the parts and components … 8 Tips To Fix A Refrigerator Dispenser Not Working Read More » If the door switch fails the dispenser will not turn on. How the food is loaded can cause cold air circulation issues. The water inlet valve supplies water to the water dispenser. It is a GE Profile refrigerator. GE refrigerator de-ice kit. Pull the toekick off, find the water line connection, and disconnect it. If it is getting power what else could it be? If the door switch does not have continuity when activated, replace it. This kit contains a heater and seal kit to stop moisture from creating an ice problem in the refrigerators dispenser center. Ml for Model Number GXCF05D. GE Water Conditioning Control System Home Owner Installation, Operation, and Maintenance Manual Autotrol Brand 255 Valve, 400 Series Press the water dispenser arm for two minutes to dispel any air in the system. French door refrigerator dispenser not working.

Hold times are long. If this is a bottom freezer model with an RPWFE filter: Air may be trapped in the water system after replacing the filter. The saddle valve is used to connect the water supply line to the house plumbing and must be fully open for the refrigerator to receive water. To confirm a clogged filter, please remove the filter and install the supplied filter bypass plug in its place. Just my two cents, GE refrigerator water line freezing in the freezer door is not uncommon. If a dispenser switch does not have continuity, replace it. When you have GE refrigerator problems, our troubleshooting guide helps you figure out what's wrong and tells you how fix it. In the last 3-4 months the water dispenser shuts off intermittently, but comes back to life on its own. Press the dispenser arm for at least 5 minutes. My first GE Profile flooded my new hardwood floors and then the whole ice/water dispenser unit had to be replaced. Once water is dispensed, purge air from the lines by dispensing water for 5 minutes or 2 gallons. s.prop5 = s.prop4; Troubleshooting a GE refrigerator water leak requires pinpointing the specific problem. So you don't have to wait around for a refrigerator repair person or pay one, either. When the freezer door is opened the freezer door switch does two things, it turns on the light in the freezer and turns off the ice and water dispenser. Email To determine if the water supply tube is frozen, disconnect the tube at the bottom of the door and blow air through it. Step by step instructions on how to replace a Dispenser Lever for General Electric GSL25JFPABS Not dispensing water #AP3192458 for Refrigerator made by GE. So, you do what everyone does and place a cup under the dispenser spout to catch the water. Ice production is dependent upon the temperature of the refrigerator.The refrigerator and. If the entire dispenser system is not working, the control board is more likely to be at fault. GE Refrigerator Water Dispenser Too Slow? Schedule a service appointment with GE Appliances Factory Service. The water dispenser has always worked wonderfully. This will be difficult to track down. View a video about proper food loading: The controls are set too cold. Water and ice does not dispense or drop from the fridge dispenser. s.prop4 = s.prop3; If your refrigerator water dispenser is not working properly, try the following list of troubleshooting possibilities to track down the source of your problem. If the water pressure is sufficient, use a multimeter to test the water inlet valve for continuity. GE Appliances offers troubleshooting support for refrigerators and freezers. it is flashing hrs in custom cool window. Try the dispenser, if the water flow improves from the dispenser, the filter is clogged and needs to be replaced. How to fix a refrigerator that will not dispense properly. To determine if a dispenser switch is defective, use a multimeter to test each switch for continuity. Got leakage anyhow. Answer ML, there is not a water filter listed for this, however this unit does need to be cleaned periodically. Making Ice just fine. French door refrigerator dispenser not working. Find the information you are looking for in videos, faqs, tips, and more. Press the dispenser arm for at least 5 minutes. If you find your GE Arctica refrigerator water dispenser not working, first check to make sure that the water supply line is connected to the water in your house and that the GE Arctica water filter is not clogged. I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator with a ice maker and water dispenser. The water inlet valve supplies water to the water dispenser. View and Download GE Profile PGCS1RKZ technical service manual online. So, you do what everyone does and place a cup under the dispenser spout to catch the water. 75 It sounds like the valves are working since you say you can hear it trying to dispense. How to replace GE Refrigerator Water Filter Housing and Tube Assembly. If the dispenser is not dispensing ice at all, check the following things to see if it is something you can fix yourself or if your refrigerator requires service. Changing your refrigerator water filter is easy, but that doesn’t mean it can’t come with a set of challenges. If your GE fridge is dispensing water too slowly (i.e. Have a GE Refrigerator question? This will require service to correct. no pressure) then you might want to recall the last time you changed your water filter. If only one dispenser part is not working, test each of the dispenser components before testing the control board. If the door switch fails, the dispenser will not turn on. GE refrigerator water dispenser not working? The home may have insufficient water pressure. Make sure the cradle has been held down 2-3 minutes to allow the reservoir to fill completely. Stop pressing the arm when water begins coming out. I know this Joined Jan 24, 2005 Messages 3 Location, , Jan 24, 2005 #1 imported post 2002 Side By Side Model After 2 years working fine, the water dispenser stopped working cold turkey. Note: This video is intended to give you the general idea of the GE Owner's Manual Hot & Cold Water Dispenser GXCF05D, GXCC01D. It has to be either condensation or a drain issue. GE Profile Arctica Refrigerator Water Dispenser. You cannot typically see water in the tank; however, usually a frozen tank will be split and will leak on the fresh food floor. There are two basic styles of ice dispensers on GE refrigerators: one was on GE side-by-side refrigerators made before 2002 (old style) and the other is on electronic side-by-side GE refrigerators made after 2002 (new style). We carry more than 4 million parts from over 175 major brands, so chances are, we've got the part you need. I have also replaced the water control valve twice now and the situation has not improved. This does not apply to Top Mount models with a water dispenser, because there is no reservoir. I have not checked power to the auger motor with a tester yet but will soon. Avalon Bottom Loading Water Cooler Water Dispenser - 3 Temperature Settings - Hot, Cold & Room Water, Durable Stainless Steel Construction - UL/Energy Star Approved 4.5 out of 5 stars 4,512 $162.29 $ 162 . SmartWater GXCF05D water dispenser pdf manual download. Water and ice does not dispense or drop from the fridge dispenser. We've replaced the filter several times and it does not improve. Return any part for 365 days. Profile models 24 & 27 with refreshment center and electronic dispenser (132 pages) Refrigerator GE TFX27E Use And Care Manual With ice & chilled water dispenser (24 pages) s.hier1 = s.prop5; GE Profile French Door refrigerator bought at Home Depot 2 and a half years ago - never installed water line because I was afraid of leakage on my hardwood floors. If you need the bypass plug and one was not supplied with the refrigerator or has been misplaced, one can be ordered at no charge by calling … GE Water Dispenser 255 Valve / 400 Series. Email. In the last 3-4 months the water dispenser shuts off intermittently, but comes back to life on its own. If you have your own troubleshooting advice, feel free to leave them in the comments below. If the door switch does not have continuity when activated, replace it. If these tips don't help, service may be needed. Note: This video is intended to give you the general idea of the part replacement procedure. Water smells like well water. Set the refrigerator control to a warmer setting and wait 24 hours. Replace the water valve that feeds water to the ice maker and water dispenser if it no longer controls the flow of water… Use our DIY troubleshooting & videos. the temp windows are blank. This is something new for me so not sure if there is a water filter or not. Amazon's Choice for ge refrigerator water dispenser parts. Yourself. How to fix GE Refrigerator Frozen dispenser or water line No water GE repair Waterline water tap - Duration: 3:00. doublewide6 Repairs LLC 506,444 views Whether you are asking for drinking water or your ice maker is asking for ice cube water, the primary water valve must supply the water in both cases. But water is … Get it as soon as Wed, Nov 18. s.eVar14 = document.title; If the control board is faulty, it may stop supplying power to the entire dispenser system. Or, simply fill the reservoir. My GE side-by-side refrigerator is now in a competition with the Kenmore elite . If the water inlet valve does not have continuity, replace it. Electronic Tri-Temperature Water Dispenser with Refreshment Chiller. For several month water was coming out slowly. To repair this, reconnect the coupling and open the door. How to fix a refrigerator that will not dispense properly. One of the many common problems on the newer GE refrigerators is that the chilled water dispenser quits dispensing water, chilled or otherwise. Try the dispenser, if the water flow improves from the dispenser, the filter is clogged and needs to be replaced. Look for a connection point at the bottom or top of the door, try removing the hose and blowing air through it and out the... - Refrigerator Water is not going into the icemaker at all. How to Replace Dispenser Lever for General Electric GSL25JFPABS Not dispensing water #AP3192458. GE Appliances offers troubleshooting support for refrigerators and freezers. Save more with Subscribe & Save. The door switch turns off the ice and water dispenser when the refrigerator door is open. Profile GXCF35GBS water dispenser pdf manual download. You will want to lower the meat drawer setting or use more water from the door. When refrigerator water dispensers quit working, the solution is often simple. It literally overflows and runs down the front of the door. First, rule out that the water inlet valve Part Number: WR57X10032 (the one in the back of the refrigerator, behind the service panel) is the problem. Verify that the water line to the refrigerator is turned on. Thread starter bvurliquor; Start date Jan 24, 2005; B. bvurliquor Premium Member. My ice maker dispenser is not working. Common problems include a water line that isn't connected; a frozen, clogged or kinked water line or a new filter is needed. Use our DIY troubleshooting & videos. There are certain areas and parts in the refrigerator that need to be inspected to troubleshoot the problem. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. 4.6 out of 5 stars 608. GE WR17X11655 Genuine OEM Dispenser Drip Tray (Black) for GE Refrigerators. The dispenser control board governs most of the functions of the dispenser system. s.channel = "Service_Support"; The water inlet valve requires a minimum of 20 psi to function properly. If you need the bypass plug and one was not supplied with the refrigerator or has been misplaced, one can be ordered at no charge by calling 1-800-GECARES. Ice Dispenser Repair For GE Refrigerators. If the water dispenser on your refrigerator stops working, there are several easy fixes you can try yourself. Then, get the parts you need fast. The ice maker works fine. Close the freezer door and turn on the dispenser to see if water squirts out the water line. Join Repair Clinic's VIP email list for 10% off, plus other discounts and tips! GE Dispenser Parts - Refrigerator. I have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator, model PSS25SGNA B5. I have the GE Profile refrigerator with ice/water dispenser. This page will walk you through the steps in ice dispenser repair for GE refrigerators. To determine if the door switch is defective, use a...multimeter to test it for continuity. The manufacturer recommends changing it every 6 months but realistically I get around to it every year or two. Already ordered? Refer to your Owner's Manual/Installation Instructions for the specific location of the wiring harness. Download a copy of your Installation Instructions, Refrigerator – RPWFE Operation and Troubleshooting, Shop Water Filters - Purchase a GE Appliance part online. In this Troubleshooting guide, we’ll show you the GE refrigerator water dispenser problems and how to fix the water dispenser without hiring a professional. We've replaced the filter several times and it does not improve. ... our refrigerator articles and videos page provides numerous additional refrigerator tips and DIY troubleshooting advice. Shipping all 7 days! Our frequently asked questions page gives answers to common questions about GE refrigerators. The solenoid pulls the ice crusher up but the auger will not turn even after replacing motor. GET UP TO $2000 BACK on Select Smarter Cooking Packages from GE Profile. View a short video about troubleshooting your icemaker: . no pressure) then you might want to recall the last time you changed your water filter. If the freezer is too cold, the water line may freeze. It stopped dispensing water about two months … GE Profile Series 42" Smart Built-In Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Dispenser PSB42YSNSS - Use Manual - Use Guide PDF download or read online. Below we’ll give you common issues that arise when replacing your refrigerator water filter and troubleshooting tips for each one. Step by step instructions on how to replace a Dispenser Lever for General Electric GSL25JFPABS Not dispensing water #AP3192458 for Refrigerator made by GE. ice & water dispensers are not working. We have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator/freezer. We purchased it in 2009 and started having issues with it within 4 years and it has been worked on twice. Replaced the filter but it made no difference. I simulate the door being closed by pushing the door button in. Remove the control panel cover and verify that the actuator contacts the dispenser switch properly and if not, check the actuator housing bracket, switch mounting bracket and the actuator pivot itself. It is very common for the refrigerator water dispenser to freeze in the door on GE Electronic refrigerators made after 2002. It … In Canada, call 800-561-3344. We've got millions of parts, hundreds of brands, and thousands of step-by-step videos— everything you need to find it, fix it and finish the job right. GE Profile French Door by: Anonymous I agree with the other person on this list DON’T BUY a GE product. //s.eVar15 = ""; If your GE fridge is dispensing water too slowly (i.e. Water pressure is strong from the water … The water dispenser on your GE Profile refrigerator has a case of the drips. In the last 3-4 months the water dispenser shuts off intermittently, but comes back to life on its own. $9.50 $ 9. My GE refrigerator is a side by side, circa 2007, and water collects in the bottom of the water/ice dispenser tray. The water inlet valve opens to supply water to the dispenser. we have a ge profile side by side refrigerator with water & ice dispenser in the door. If the refrigerator water dispenser is not working, the door switch might be defective. When that unit went bad as well they offered to fix it or give me around $700/800 to put toward another refrigerator How to inspect a refrigerator water dispenser actuator: Unplug your appliance and turn off the water supply to the refrigerator. the temp windows are blank. If you are working on a GE electronic refrigerator made after 2002 and when you attempt to dispense water the refrigerator temporarily shuts down and the lights dim, the main board is bad and needs replacing. The saddle valve is used to connect the water supply line to the house plumbing and must be fully open for the refrigerator to receive water. Water pressure is strong from the water line. Keep track of the models you own in your profile. Any thoughts? View a short video about troubleshooting water dispenser issues. My GE refrigerator is a side by side, circa 2007, and water collects in the bottom of the water/ice dispenser tray. // Image call To determine if the water supply tube is frozen, disconnect the tube at the bottom of the door and blow air through it. I thought for sure it was the motor and replaced it. Enter model number to search for the required part specific to your product, Browse our parts categories to select from a variety of parts for your product. Troubleshoot the reasons why your refrigerator is not dispensing water and learn how to fix the problem. Start doing it yourself with the confidence that comes with 100+ years of experience. It leaks small amounts of water on the left side (as you face it), which is the freezer/water dispenser side. Thanks The meat pan lever may also be turned to the coldest position and on units that have a low water usage, this will also cause the tank to freeze. The leaks are sporadic, … read more Below is a list with all the parts and components … 8 Tips To Fix A Refrigerator Dispenser Not Working Read More » The manufacturer recommends changing it every 6 months but realistically I get around to it every year or two. In addition, ensure that the freezer is kept at the proper temperature. If the doors were removed during installation, be sure that the door wiring harness is plugged in. s.events = "event16"; FREE Shipping on … Home Support Water Filtration Owner's Center Call Us 1-800-626-2005 Call Us at 1-800-626-2005. Low food load in the fresh food section can cause the tank to freeze. On my GE Profile refrigerator the water is controlled by a cluster of little solenoid operated valves at the lower left hand side as you face the backside. GE Refrigerator water dispenser intermittently working [ 229 Answers ] I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator with a ice maker and water dispenser. Hold times are long. 1 Reply. Ownership and support information for PXCR33KSS | GE Profile™ ENERGY STAR® Qualified Tri-Temp Free-Standing Water Dispenser with Integrated Chilled Compartment. If the water inlet valve is defective, or if the water pressure is too low, the water valve will not open. If the door switch fails, the dispenser will not turn on. If it is not cleaned, then it can start to have an odor and taste when water … Fixing GE Side by Side Refrigerator Water Dispenser - YouTube Email. Note: On GE SmartWater filter models, a clogged or partially clogged filter will result in no water or slow running water from dispenser. Then press the door switch in and repeatedly This kit seals gaps in the beverage center. Our GE Profile PFSS5NJWASS has been dispensing water slowly for quite some time now. 1 – If your old refrigerator water filter worked and water flowed from the dispenser normally, but after installing a new water filter the water is only a trickle from the dispenser, try reinstalling the old filter to see if the cause of the issue is the new filter.. 2 – You may have bought a cheap aftermarket water filter. The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands.