corticosteroids-topical . http://www.cerave.com/our-products/moisturizers/renewing-sa-lotion. Adam has bumps all over his face, they been there for 2 and a half weeks now. See a dermatologist. I finished my Accutane course over two months ago and over the past few weeks, I’ve been developing keratosis pilaris all over my face. Definitely going to look into those. Hey, did you ever find a way to fix this? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. RemindMe! I finished my Accutane course over two months ago and over the past few weeks, I’ve been developing keratosis pilaris all over my face. It seems to be spreading more and in his head. used to be smooth before Accutane. Stridex in the Red Box! If you do visit your doctor, he or she will be able to diagnose the condition by looking at the affected skin. Also, I've read in Beautypedia that the Cerave SA cream (instead of the lotion) has a more effective PH for the exfoliants to work. Keratosis pilaris (KP. Keratosis pilaris is a condition in which extra protein builds up in your hair follicles, causing rough red bumps to appear on the skin. Combined with a decent exfoliating lotion, like the Cerave SA lotion mentioned above, it'll be even better. She just wants some advice/encouragement so let’s give that instead of making it seem like nothings wrong. No idea why. So I've had kp all over my legs and butt since i was 12, 23 now. Because keratosis pilaris isn’t harmful, you usually don’t need to treat it. But you can treat it with moisturizers and prescription creams to help improve the appearance of the skin. Hydrocortisone cream may be used to treat keratosis pilaris. Br J Dermatol . I know feel just as insecure about my skin as I did before Accutane :(. did you use them every day? – Steroids. BUT, definitely be careful with the AHAs and BHAs. I have this problem too! The bumps are only very slightly raised, not rough to the touch, and there is no redness in between them - its just the bumps themselves are very red. The texture all over my skin is small and inflamed bumps. Don't be discouraged! 15 years of Keratosis Pilaris on my legs and arms has led me down a. If so, how did you make it go away? I only have the bumps on my upper arms, however, so I'm not sure how it would work on thighs. If associated with eczema, keratosis pilaris may improve with treatment of the underlying eczema. X Trustworthy Source Mayo Clinic Educational website from one of the world's leading hospitals Go to source However, it is fairly easy to mitigate if … 0. That said, there are regimens which can lessen the appearance of it. For keratosis pilaris that is itchy or inflamed, an over the counter hydrocortisone can be helpful. no particular price limit, though the grand and a half price tag to course of chemical peels is kind of out of my range. I'm sure a lot of people are going to attack me for this, but I put rubbing alcohol on mine followed by a thick moisturizer. Keratosis Pilaris consists of spiny little white bumps that surround a hair follicle sitting on top of a pink-red base. I have keratosis pilaris.It’s a scary-sounding skin condition, but it isn’t rare. Select drug class. “Keratosis pilaris is a form of eczema,” says Marmur, “and like most eczema, the genetic condition stems from dry, sensitive skin, so it tends to get worse in the winter, when it’s cold and dry.” Contrary to what you may intuitively think, this bumpy skin is not acne. This subreddit is all about helping people to manage their Keratosis Pilaris. If so what product should I use? Only Generics. thanks I'll try that! does it help with the redness specifically? Another mom adviced me to put Cortaid (hydrocortisone… You may also notice that the bumps go away in the summer and only become noticeable in the winter. My keratosis pilaris is markedly reduced in roughness and area. In fact, it looks great. While eating a supposedly healthy mostly plant based low fat diet the. ONE YEAR UPDATE! Can Your Diet Cause or Relieve Keratosis Pilaris? $18.05. Author: Kayla Witkowski I’ve never experienced it before my and forehead, nose, etc. Keratosis pilaris is an inherited skin condition that develops in up to 40 percent. I usually recommend lac hydrin 5. Cohen-Barak E, Danial-Farran N, Hammed H, Aleme O, Krauz J, Gavish E, et al. Also this should be obvious, but don't pick at it. The entire arms and legs and trunk (except for the chest) can be seen in severe cases. Do not try to scrub the bumps away with a pumice stone, beaded scrubs, or other abrasive exfoliant as they may irritate the skin and worsen the condition. The exception: keratosis pilaris (KP), a condition that causes patches of fine bumps on the backs of your arms (and sometimes thighs and rear). CeraVe SA Renewing Lotion. Keratosis pilaris: a common follicular hyperkeratosis. I’ve tried Amlactin, hydrocortisone, exfoliating, etc. As a general life rule, its best not to make mountains out of molehills. Usually significant improvement occurs after 4-6 weeks and can be maintained with regular use of the creams. That said, experiencing this right when you finished accutane and have beat acne would definitely be super frustrating (similarly: I finally beat my perorial dermatitis and that is when I started getting acne lol). If the acid creams irritate the skin (which often times happens), 1% hydrocortisone cream can be applied each morning. In fact, KP plagues a staggering 40 percent of the adult population. Is it itchy? Even if you don't wear makeup. I’ve never experienced it before my and forehead, nose, etc. Full thighs: http://imgur.com/yQ5nVFV calf: http://imgur.com/eKpYgRg Closeup of thighs: http://imgur.com/QOQkbsv Sorry for the quality/ size. It could be Keratosis Pilaris or a variation. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the SkincareAddiction community, Press J to jump to the feed. The excess keratin surrounds the hair follicles, traps them in the pores, and causes a hard plug to form. I also scrub in the shower. Keratosis pilaris is a harmless condition that produces tiny bumps on the skin. betamethasone dipropionate, Diprosone, Diprolene . I will be messaging you on 2018-06-26 10:21:15 UTC to remind you of this link. – Keratosis pilaris is a harmless condition that produces tiny bumps on the skin.