The trapezoid inlays are more Standard-like here, while the ’board is actually a man-made material called Lignum Rosa. I truly cannot say enough good things about it. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Visit our corporate site. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 10, 2015, The best thing I have ever bought. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Select Your Cookie Preferences ... 3.0 out of 5 stars vintage Gold top v100. So if you’re hankering for a Les Paul a-like then I’d definitely give a Vintage V100 a go. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The V100MP was initially launched as “an electrified tribute” to Mick Ronson of Bowie’s fabled Spiders From Mars. As with the design by which they’re inspired, both V100s are weighty propositions (there’s no mention of any weight relief ), but they do stay on the right side of the 4.5kg/10lb threshold and feel perfectly good in terms of playability, especially for the price. Wilkinson provides the pickups: black bobbin open coils on the MP and black-covered stacked humbucking soapbars on the PBB. Pros Great tone. In our very first issue one of the brand's acoustics (a V300) set the benchmark by which we now judge entry-level acoustics. Whereas our original Les Paul Junior cleans up really well with only a slight volume reduction, here the volume control taper is much more gradual and you have to wind it back some way to achieve that duality. Great to play great to look at FAB guitar. Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer, You’re not going to confuse this with a Gibson, are you? The cream edge binding with its inner black striped purfling surrounds both the top and back edges, Les Paul Customstyle. If the purpose of a copy is to provide a taste of the real thing at a way more affordable price point then both these V100s pass that test in some style. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The more you put in, the better you get“, Tom Morello: “Trust me, there are plenty of new guitar sounds still to discover. See more ideas about Vintage v100, Vintage, Lemon drop. The tone capacitor is too heavy to leave any clarity as you wind it down, too. The other version is the Vintage V100 Lemon Drop (V100PGM), it does copy the sound of … On suggestion from a salesman I tried this Gold top with P-90's...If i close my eyes i would swear i was playing a classic Gold top deluxe! “The V100MRN [as it was originally called] calls to mind images of glam-rock rebels and eight-legged outer space travellers,” says the PR. We think so. For those who have never heard of them, Vintage is a UK brand which is rapidly gaining respect within the guitar playing community. While nicely cut in terms of height, both nuts could do with a little more fettling to cure the usual D and G string tuning issues. Most, of course, use log or audio taper pots for the volumes, some use linear pots for tones, though most still use audio taper for both. If you like your single‑cuts running into a cranked and driven amp, you’ll have fun here. Some say the vintage has better build quality than the Epiphone, some say it's poorly put together with screws in the wrong sized holes etc, but the overall finish is better. I have used it in practice and live on stage and it held up wonderfully. Our two V100s were launched at the start of the year. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Vintage Guitars V100 Electric Guitar - Gold Top, See all details for Vintage Guitars V100 Electric Guitar - Gold Top, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The PBB’s fret tops are slightly smoother (the fret work a little tidier, too); the MP’s feel a little scratchy, but nothing a quick rub won’t fix. £299; By Simon Bradley 01 November 2007. GOOD acoustic tone. Ronson’s Spiders-era axe was a stripped-front Gibson Les Paul Custom circa 1968 with its famously mismatched control knobs – a feature replicated here, although the ‘wrong’ tone knobs should really be those black ribbed witch-hat style knobs. There was a problem. These pickups seem to be of a higher quality level, too – they are much cleaner looking and appear to have nickel-silver baseplates. This thing is amazing! Vintage V100 AFD Paradise. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Shares. everything has been said ... Low cost but it's pretty fun and effective. Perhaps someone had a problem with the Ronno connection and, quietly, the V100MRN became the VP100MP with no mention of the late, great guitarist. England and Wales company registration number 2008885. Of course, both guitars are based on the Les Paul Custom, so we should really have ebony ’boards and rectangular inlays, rather than the more Standard-like style here. Neither guitar bears any specific ‘Country Of Origin’ mark and Paul Smith simply states “we use production facilities in both China and Vietnam”. Let me know what you think of your V100! After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Yes, they sit on the heavier side in weight – and actually in sound, too – and are let down a bit by wiring that isn’t maximising the potential. Alongside Wilkinson, another brand that JHS distributes is Graph Tech and this company is used to supply the NuBone XB nuts (XB as in ‘extended bass’), which, says Graph Tech, have been “specially formulated to increase volume and enhance the low-end harmonics of your instrument”. Actually the guitar was more than decent. Made in China with a silly low price tag. Vintage 25th Anniversary Series V100-SVB (Image credit: Future / Neil Godwin) The silver/black ’burst finish ties in very nicely with what is a credible-looking modern single-cut. It's basically a Gibson Les Paul guitar that's made in Korea using a pseudo name.